During America Saves Week, individuals will be encouraged and assisted to assess their savings progress and take action to advance this progress. This encouragement and assistance will be provided by organizations and professionals with an interest in improving the financial security of individuals and families.
For more information visit www.americasavesweek.org
Financial experts agree that starting early is one of the keys to financial success.
Thus, $mart Money Choices = A Brighter Future was selected at the theme of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling's 2010 Poster Contest.
In an effort to increase interest in financial literacy to our nation's youth, the NFCC is once again sponsoring the Be Money Wi$e National Financial Literacy Poster Contest for 2010. For more on the contest and applications go to http://www.moneywisepostercontest.org/
The California Jump$tart Coalition brought together families across Southern California in October and November to learn about money. All day sessions in San Diego, San Bernardino and Burbank drew almost 250 with topics from budgeting to credit and college planning.
With a grant from Chase and generous support of JA San Diego, CSUSB's College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and JA Southern California, plus many others, these events offered parents and students an opportunity to learn and dialogue about money. Parents had feedback such as "This event was tremendously helpful to reach youth who otherwise would miss out on practical knowledge not done in high school", and "it gave my son an introduction and me, tools to work with him". Teens said "I learned effective ways to budget", "It helped prepare me for the real world", and "It was more fun than I expected!" Thanks to all who helped make these events possible!
More Articles ...
- Teachers From Across the US Attend Jump$tart's First National Educators Conference
- Giving Kids 'The Talk' About Money
- U.S. Treasury Office of Financial Education
- Warren Buffett Gets Animated With Kids
- Sammy's New Bilingual Coloring Book Now Available
- Liberty High School in Napa, CA Honored For Providing Financial Literacy to its At-Risk Students
- FDIC Chair Sheila Bair Speaks on Financial Literacy at Recent Operation Hope Global Financial Literacy Summit in Washington
- 2009 Annual Conference on Financial Education - October 21-23, 2009 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- California Jump$tart Congratulates Spring Award Winners
- Personal Finance: Bankers deliver dose of financial literacy to high schoolers
- Excellence in Economic Education 2009 Request for Proposals
- Junior Achievement Seeking Volunteers for High School Financial Literacy Programs
- Teaching Kids More Money Savvy Could Avoid Another Crisis
- Announcing the Winner of the $10,000 InDebtEd Digital Challenge!
- Richard Myles Johnson Foundation Donates $138,850 To California Credit Unions For Financial Literacy Efforts
- NFCC Announces Annual National Financial Literacy Poster Contest
- Pare subprime bailout -- invest in schooling youth
- America Saves Week 2009
- America's High School Students are Invited to Take The Challenge!
- Financial 'Genderalizations': Money and the Sexes
- Talking Your Kids Through the Financial Crisis
- Disappointing News For California Students ...
- The Peter G. Peterson Foundation Today Announced Several Initiatives
- THREE STUDENTS RECEIVE CALIFORNIA AND NEVADA YOUTH INVOLVEMENT NETWORK SCHOLARSHIPS
- Jump$tart Executive Director Appointed to President’s Council on Financial Literacy