In addition to CalCPA’s year-round Financial Literacy program offerings, we have traditionally offered a spring event that CAJ$ has co-sponsored or supported in some way. Over the years the target audiences have varied and the event titles have included Financial Literacy “Summits”, “FL Conference for Educators” and “FL Roundtables”.
In our most recent collaboration for 2017-18, we created “Smart Money Forums” with the intention to travel out to six established groups around the state rather than holding one event requiring people to come to us. The program design matured into being delivered in a variety of formats and to a variety of CA organizations/audiences that have not been our typical target audience.
As a result of this year’s CalCPA effort and CAJ$ co-sponsorship, we were able to increase the number of programs offered around the state. Some of the programs were also supported by the California & Nevada Credit Union Leagues where their local credit unions ran their “Bite of Reality” program. This combined support allowed six proposed programs to become ten. Thank you CAJ$ for your continued collaboration.
- University of Redlands on October 20, 2017 – Supported by the “Bite of Reality” program – General students
- University of the Pacific over a four-day period on October 30, November 1, November 6 and 8, 2017 – Incoming freshman students.? Supported by the “Bite of Reality” program.
- ACAP, a minority based high School career program - held at Cal State University, East Bay on November 11, 2017.
- YMCA of Orange County– employee financial literacy seminar on March 28, 2018. Topics included budgeting, setting and achieving financial goals.
- Cal State University, East Bay on May 14 in conjunction with Senator Bob Wieckowski and with San Francisco Supervisor Malia Cohen – General students.
- Women’s Shelter of Long Beach on May 9, 2018 – budgeting and saving financial literacy workshop for shelter clients
- Larkin Street Youth Services– employee financial literacy training on May 15 & 22 and June 5 & 12, 2018.
- Assembly member Shirley Weber sponsored a program on July 13 at Cal State University, Dominguez Hills on CPA careers and financial literacy during 2018 African American Leaders for Tomorrow Conference - Local high school students.
- Kern County College Night on September 10, 2018 – Don’t be Swamped with Student Loan Debt - Local high school students.
- Cal State University, Sacramento on September 19 – Six Keys to Financial Success for College Students – General students.