Are you a teacher who wants to learn more about personal finance? CAJ$ will again be sponsoring classroom teachers to attend the 2021 Jump$tart Coalition National Educator Conference. The conference will be taking place November 6-8, 2021.
November 6-8, 2021 | Omni Shoreham, Washington DC
Where Financial Education Takes Center Stage
In 2009, Jump$tart received a sizeable donation from Experian, with a challenge to do something different, something special. At the time, there was no national conference dedicated to the teaching of personal finance in the classroom. And so we knew what we needed to do. The question was — how do we make it special?
The Jump$tart National Educator Conference was launched in November 2009, at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC. Through the generosity of Experian and other supporters, we subsidized the cost for teachers to attend and we developed the agenda with guidance from our leadership and many teachers, including some from our own families. Since 2018, the J$NEC has been an all-scholarship event. Teachers apply for registration scholarships that include six meal events and two nights in the host hotel, made possible by Jump$tart Partners and supporters. Learn more!
- November 6-8, 2021 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Registration (through California scholarships) is open to Pre-K through 12th-grade California classroom educators who teach personal finance or incorporate it into any subject.
- Scholarships include prepaid registration to the conference (worth $1,250) and up to $600 towards travel expenses.
- The prepaid registration includes a two-night stay at the hotel, six (6) conference meals, and full participation in the conference.
- Scholarship applications are due to the California Jump$tart Coalition on August 15, 2021.
- Scholarship winners will be announced on August 23, 2021.